CHICAGO, Could 4, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — CME Group, the world’s main and most numerous derivatives market, immediately reported April 2021 market statistics, together with common each day quantity (ADV) of 16.4 million contracts through the month. Market statistics can be found in higher element at https://cmegroupinc.gcs-web.com/monthly-volume.
April ADV throughout asset lessons consists of:
Extra April product highlights embrace:
- Curiosity Price ADV grew 4% from April 2020
- International Change ADV elevated 15% from April 2020
- Agricultural ADV rose 24% from April 2020, with quantity from Europe growing 49% to a report 355K and quantity from Asia growing 62%
- Agricultural choices ADV elevated 65% over April 2020
- SOFR futures reached the third highest month-to-month ADV on report, growing 295% from April 2020
- SOFR futures ADV in Europe grew 275%, and ADV in Asia reached a report 19,000, representing 461% development
- SOFR open curiosity reached a report of 818,994 on April 30
- BrokerTec European Repo common each day notional quantity (ADNV) grew 10% from April 2020, the second highest month on report.
- EBS Direct FX ADNV grew 51% from April 2020
Please observe that every one April ADV metrics mirror 21 enterprise days. Good Friday buying and selling quantity is included in complete April quantity however isn’t counted as a enterprise day for ADV calculations because of the quick buying and selling day for restricted merchandise. This might be a everlasting change for a way Good Friday is handled when it happens on the primary Friday of the month.
Because the world’s main and most numerous derivatives market, CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) allows shoppers to commerce futures, choices, money and OTC markets, optimize portfolios, and analyze information – empowering market individuals worldwide to effectively handle threat and seize alternatives. CME Group exchanges supply the widest vary of worldwide benchmark merchandise throughout all main asset lessons based mostly on interest rates, equity indexes, foreign exchange, energy, agricultural products and metals. The corporate presents futures and choices on futures buying and selling via the CME Globex® platform, mounted earnings buying and selling by way of BrokerTec and international change buying and selling on the EBS platform. As well as, it operates one of many world’s main central counterparty clearing suppliers, CME Clearing. With a spread of pre- and post-trade services underpinning the whole lifecycle of a commerce, CME Group additionally presents optimization and reconciliation providers via TriOptima, and commerce processing providers via Traiana.
CME Group, the Globe brand, CME, Chicago Mercantile Change, Globex, and, E-mini are logos of Chicago Mercantile Change Inc. CBOT and Chicago Board of Commerce are logos of Board of Commerce of the Metropolis of Chicago, Inc. NYMEX, New York Mercantile Change and ClearPort are logos of New York Mercantile Change, Inc. COMEX is a trademark of Commodity Change, Inc. BrokerTec, EBS, TriOptima, and Traiana are logos of BrokerTec Europe LTD, EBS Group LTD, TriOptima AB, and Traiana, Inc., respectively. Dow Jones, Dow Jones Industrial Common, S&P 500 and S&P are service and/or logos of Dow Jones Trademark Holdings LLC, Customary & Poor’s Monetary Companies LLC and S&P/Dow Jones Indices LLC, because the case could also be, and have been licensed to be used by Chicago Mercantile Change Inc. All different logos are the property of their respective homeowners.